Where did the RAI tv channels go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a dish set on Hotbird where we used to get Italian TV and, for a while now we've not been able to get the RAI channels. I've re-tuned the box but it failed to pick them up.
So, does anybody know what happened to RAI 1, 2 & 3?

Sponsored Links
The Italian channels have gone encrypted still on the Hotbird satellite but you will need a receiver with a card slot and to obtain the veiwing card to do this you will need an Italian tax code and the card is free.
Its called a TiVu card and you wont suffer RAI being blacked out during the football.

Thanks for your reply.
The tax code is no problem so I'll be able to get the card.
It's an old box with no slot so, I suppose I'll need to get a new box.
Will I be able to get one here or, will I need a special box fromItaly?

Rai 1 is now encrypted in Cryptoworks & Irdeto 2 (10928.00MHz, pol.H SR:30000 FEC:3/4 SID:7801 PID:2150/2250 ).

Hope that helps!

Sponsored Links
Im sure suitable boxes are sold over in italy for the cards. Any reciver with a multicrypt slot should be ok for the card i would recommend a technomate from my experience.

Why don't you get TVsat reicever? then you don't have to worry about it... I got my self many dreambox and AZBOX HD... Azbox has the best picture of all of them but the software it's a bit buggy... but it's a great media player...
I don't touch tecnomate at all!!!

By that way Rai works free to air ,... on 13e but sometimes it's encrypted on Nagra 3 tiger. But also Seca mediaguard. Don't you know anyone who could give you a goldcard to decrypt seca? :D

Why don't you get TVsat reicever? then you don't have to worry about it... I got my self many dreambox and AZBOX HD... Azbox has the best picture of all of them but the software it's a bit buggy... but it's a great media player...
I don't touch tecnomate at all!!!

By that way Rai works free to air ,... on 13e but sometimes it's encrypted on Nagra 3 tiger. But also Seca mediaguard. Don't you know anyone who could give you a goldcard to decrypt seca? :D

Duh! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back