Where do I get a *massive* mirror from?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get a *big* mirror and have it fitted to a wall

Can someone advise where I should get this from?

I'd say, it needed to be 4ft x 8ft (but I would want to have the exact measurement when fitted)

Does anyone know how much a mirror this size might cost?

Thanks

OM

Sponsored Links
lords looks like a nice website. i had a look and couldn't find anything

the google search link helped :)
i found one link - i got a cost of under £300
i'll look around and see what else i can find

thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
my local glazing company get mirror in sheets, so can get it whatever size you want, then get it framed? they can also grind the edges/laminate etc so it can be mounted as is.

look for dance studio fitters, we have mirrors at work around 8'square in the studio.

http://www.themirrormen.com/

dance studio mirror or gym mirror brings up loads of large mirror places.

the above was just the 1st, and from £60

aah... £60 sounds a lot better :)

i dont want any frame - i want ceiling to floor
+ obviously would want to have edges rounded
+ need stuck to the wall - i assume i can do this?

one thing i saw on their website was "far better quality than acrylic"

actually... i'd consider acrylic - less prone to getting cracked or damaged?
any opinions on that would be great

Have seen them glued to the wall, mirror adhesive?? I do know silicone is a no-no, it dissolves the backing over time.

Acrylic mirrors are ok, they scratch easier though when cleaning them.

given ur advice, i think a real mirror might be best
i called mirrormen - they have a min order of 20 mirrrors!
i certainly don't need more than just the single one :)
shame - great price!

I was working at the MD's house of a company I used to work for and his wife told me there was a mirror up in her lads bedroom which she wanted putting on the hallway wall.
I had a look in her lad's bedroom and couldn't find any mirror. Later on she asked her lad to fetch the mirror down. He went up and I heard him puffing and groaning then he shouts down " I can't pick it up.". I went upstairs to find him struggling with a 4ft by 6ft mirror about half an inch thick which was on the floor underneath his bed. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No wonder I couldn't find it... I was looking for something about 18" by 24" with a frame around it. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Try local glazier my mirror [floor to ceiling] 3ft wide cost about £80, use mirror adhesive as other glues destroy the backing over time.

Have seen them glued to the wall, mirror adhesive?? I do know silicone is a no-no, it dissolves the backing over time.
100% correct about that, I worked at the Oxford playhouse years ago and mirrors were fitted with silicone by some contractors. They were the make up mirrors surrounded with lights in the dressing rooms. 'Course the heat from the bulbs only made it worse and they very soon started dropping off the walls :eek:

How many years ago did you work at the playhouse, do you know Zeb, Dex and Johny Bell ?

It'd be about 1996 ish , time of the last major refurb. I can remember a few people vaugley but the names don't ring any bells, sorry :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back