Where do people buy scolmore products?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Scolmore have some handy products, notably the minigrid range which allows 3 modules per gang compared to the 2 modules per gang of most other modular ranges, but where do people actually buy them?

I have a job in my house for which I want some minigrid stuff, and also a red 13A double switched socket. I also fancied taking a look at one of their 4 gang on a single plate switches (more out of curiosity than anything else)

Toolstation seem to stock the minigrid stuff, but they don't seem to stock any red sockets (amusingly they have a category for it but there is nothing in it).

Googling found a company called "click4electrics" that seem to list most of the scholmore range. However most of the products are listed as "usually available from stock or to order" they indicated that such products would likely take about 5 working days to ship, but it's been over a week now and my order still hasn't shipped.

Any suggestions on where to buy scholmore stuff, ideally places with actual tracking of what is available from stock.

Sponsored Links
electricbase part of buildbase sell scolmore but from my experience with the norwich branch the stock level are very variable. online is better and the electrical counter listed above is who i have used.

Sponsored Links
Just looked at electricbase and their range seems even worse than toolstation.
Strike that, it seems that toolstation don't have the 13A DP switch either.

when I went to electric base for scolmore the stock levels were all over the place with gaps on the shelves where most of the bits I wanted should have been. so they lost and electrical counter gained my order!

CEF have most of the range, although it will need to be for delivery, as branches don't usually have much stock of it.

I have used a few websites over the years but have found click4electrics to be the best for all the click scolmore stuff especially the minigrid range. Admittedly the custom engraved stuff does takes longer as this has to made. Fair enough. I have found probably out of all websites listing click scolmore that click4electrics are generally the best, it is very rare they get it wrong but dropping them a quick email or phone call to check stock before ordering does make it a lot easier.

I dropped click4electrics an email on sunday asking what had happened to my order and got a reply monday morning that one of the items had not arrived and that they were going to chase scolmore about it and got a shipment notification today.

Not the specific brand, but the below sell grid switches.
There are lots of brands of grid switch out there, but to the best of my knowledge, scolmore click minigrid is the only one that can get 3 modules on a single gang plate. If you know of another brand that can do this i'd like to know.

The specific situation is that I have a SFCU with flex outlet fed off a spur from the ring. The SFCU feeds 3 double sockets (via bushes and couplers) and a german extension lead (via the flex outlet). I want to change it so that one of the sockets is not controlled by the switch. I'd rather avoid having to chop-in new boxes. So I want a single gang plate with a fuse, a switch and a flex outlet that I can wire up separately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back