Where does a water filter tap go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so we want to put one in our kitchen but the sink we're looking at only has room for the main tap, where do people normally install them?

Sponsored Links
so if I go for corian then I need to specify this before they make the worktop.

Sponsored Links
So any recommendations for decent filter systems where the tap looks half decent but doesn't cost the earth?

Most taps we've seen have some dodgy black plastic button/leaver!!!!

so we want to put one in our kitchen but the sink we're looking at only has room for the main tap, where do people normally install them?

I use mine to prop up my wall hung toilet ;)

Buy a filter for which you can replacements easily, and choose a nice spout; you can connect any filter to any spout.

Range master, have a triflow tap, howdens also do the exact same tap. I fitted one and its much tidier than having three taps on the sink.

Works well, need to shop around for the filters, can cost between 10 and 30 quid just depends where you get them.

A

Franke, love the tri tap – sold to the man with the big hat, now just got to find it at a reasonable price – ha!

Wow, had no idea they cost that much, I guess you're getting a filter with it and the hoses and stuff too, plus possibly a 1/4 turn valve

We used to fit a lot of these taps for a Kitchen company in Ascot, some 15 years ago, a word of warning, you must fit a pressure reducing valve before the filter otherwise 'boom' I think the connections to these filters are all 6mm plastic push fit or something, not done one for a good 10 years at least.

Might be worth looking into the tap that the other fellow posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back