Where / how do I add inhibitor solution to my combi-boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Probably seems like a simple question, but I'm struggling! I have a Ravenheat 820/20(T) combi-boiler that has recently started showing "kettling" symptoms. I've been out and bought some Sentinel X100 Inhibitor and X200 Noise remover (1 litre pour in variety). I've read that you can either apply the solution into a radiator or via the boiler filling loop. Well, after draining the system at the lowest point in the kitchen (radiator next to boiler), I tried pouring it in through the loop, but it only goes in so much before spilling out. Next tried the kitchen radiator, unscrewed the larger plug at the top of the radiator (where the bleed valve is) and tried pouring in there. No such luck - seemed to instantly spill out again.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need the Injector concentrate tube stuff for X100 and X200 instead?

And it seemed such a simple job.... :rolleyes: Any help you can give me guys is appreciated.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I either take out top plug on radiator, not the vent, put a compression elboe without the nuts on into the thread, open the air vent and pour in, or if they are old rads then undo a pipe going into the rrad valve on an upstarirs rad and pour in there.

You may just be trying to pour it in too quick and the air is flooding it out.

you have a sealed system.

If it has a capacity of 100 litres and is full of water, so it has no room for an extra 1 litre of chemicals*.

If you undo a drain-off on one of the lower rads, and open one of the upper rads, then by drawing off a litre (or more) of water at the bottom, you will draw in a litre of air at the top, that gives you room to pour, or squirt, the chemical into the airspace of the top one. You will have to let the air come out as you pour. You have to open the bleed screw or plug at the top of the radiator to let the air in while you are draining. You may find it easier to put it in through an upstairs radiator.

When finished and sealed, you will have to repressurise with your filling loop and bleed out any remaining air.

(except that it has a pressure vessel to accomodate heat expansion only)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back