Best long term cleaner/inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just after a little advice on inhibitors. Are there any better than others.

I've looked at the sentinel x100 and x200. I know a new system shouldn't be noisy but if it has all of the benefits of x100 plus more without any negatives then it might be something I consider.

The like of Crossling all do their own version but what are people's thoughts on these. I will eventually decide on a boiler and want to use an inhibitor to prolong trouble free running.

Cheers, Kevin

Sponsored Links
Hi kev you will get loads of replies with each ones personal preferences , these days most are much the same to be honest but I would recommend that you use the same brand of cleanser as inhibitor as they will always be compatible, in days gone by there were some that had reactions with each other, havent heard of any modern ones doing it but not really worth the risk to save a few pounds, the one you mentioned sentinell is as good as any other and my own personal preference. Be aware though that some boiler manufacturers only approve certain products in order to maintain their warranty

X200 is a descaler for noisy old boilers - didn't work on the missus though! It serves no pupose in a new boiler, or any other part of the system, new or old.

If you want an inhibitor that is produced to a certain standard, I would stick to known brands, eg. Fernox, Sentinel, Salamander. It's only a few pounds more than the cheaper own brands, but then a heating system can cost £1000s. Small price to pay to protect your investment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back