Where/how to run the water when there is no gutter ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house is a semi but my garage is joined to next door's garage. Link-attached semi is perhaps the proper term. Anyway....

The two houses are at the same level but for some reason (probably just to mark the difference in properties) there is an 8inch tall course of bricks between the two flat roofs.

My garage roof appears to have no pitch. At the moment water just pools in various places when it rains. When I rebuild it (discussed in other posts on this site) I want to but a small pitch on it to run the water off.

The obvious way to pitch the roof is away from the side of my house but I cannot then run it off the edge of the garage and into a gutter because I'm attached to next door's garage and because of this 8inches of brick effectively sticking up.

If I did this, the water would all end up pooling (in a big long puddle perhaps...) at the bottom of the slope next to the protruding brick course.

Am I supposed to try and embed some sort of gutter at the bottom of the slope to take the water away? Am I supposed to reinforce the roof covering at the bottom of the slope so that it can hold pooled water?

( It seems like the idea of trying to run the pitch the length of my garage (which is actually double length due to a utility room at the rear) is not the right way to go. )

Thanks,

Sean.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back