Where is all the carbon coming from

what black carbon compressed to a diamond? how much compresion wil that take , man amazing.

you live and learn ;)

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot. Remember watching Horizon about it years ago. The problem is making the compressor- since diamonds are the hardest known substance, then how do you find something strong enough to crush carbon to that degree without it damaging the plates around it and with sufficient force?

That was the problem for many years, which they have somehow resolved to extent that they can manufacture enough of it for commercial and industrial usage.

somehow i don't believe it'l be like the true diamonds created naturally.

some things in nature you can't emulate however hard you try, but scientist's try to get somewhere close.

Synthetic gem grade diamonds have been possible for years. The diamond trade is simply a DeBeers cartel. Diamonds are not even particularly rare.

Sponsored Links
Synthetic gem grade diamonds have been possible for years. The diamond trade is simply a DeBeers cartel. Diamonds are not even particularly rare.
They are in my house, and will continue to be so until such time that I am advised otherwise :)

this whole thread is fallacious.
you mean it doesn't exist :confused: Then what am I looking at?
carbon is an element, very black and dirty.
diamonds are carbon :eek:
it doesnt float around in the atmosphere because its very heavy.
So do birds and planes, and they're heavier
this is complete bollux.
I think it isn't quite complete - there's some empty spaces which need filling
another example of ill informed trivia :rolleyes:
Bit like Big Brother then :!:
you get worse lol :LOL: :LOL:

Nope an atoms life is estimated to be 10^10 years, so we've got a bit of life left in us yet. God's knows after that !!!

Don't start. it's Sunday, I have a lot on my mind!!! Philosophy is not one of those things ;)

Don't start. it's Sunday, I have a lot on my mind!!! Philosophy is not one of those things ;)
You brought up "god" on this science based post. Having said that, if there is a god, then we have nothing to fear - he won't let us destroy ourselves, free will or not. After all, he does like to step in from time to time and put amonst us his representatives, even though they have a habit of contradicting themselves to the extent that we fight wars in his sake :D

Well, it is sunday after all, and we should reflect on our religious beliefs ;)

You're probably right, I always wondered why we had to worry about hell, when God forives all, how does that work then?

Sponsored Links
Back