Where is the reset button on my potterton puma 80 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where is the reset button on my potterton puma 80 (permanent pilot)?.
I have NO hot water or central heating, the cellunoid does not kick in.
The pilot is on, external timer on, thermostat working, water pressure good, gas pressure good, LED for main OFF, LED for low system pressure OFF.
At one point after all had been switched off, the hot water came on for 10 sec, but still no LEDs.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but i still can't find it, I also took the right side panel off looking for it, how big is it?

I had the guy in from Transco this morning to check it wasn't a supply problem or a leak of some kind.

If the pilot stays lit it's not a 'reset problem'. (an overheat will drop out the pilot.)

With the outer cover removed, see if the HW demand LED on the PCB illuminates when you turn on a tap.

Sponsored Links
You need to relight the pilot.
Instructions are on it.

Sorry. Check the power supply to the boiler (fuse etc).

PCB faulty?

Cue raden? Enter stage left!

Tony

Agile said:
PCB faulty?

Cue raden? Enter stage left!

Tony

If the reset button is missing (it is located on the display pcb about 3" by 2") it could be that the head has fallen off the switch or tha the switch has fallen prey to potterton's soldering ... and fallen off the board

as for the problem, firstly is the fan going from low speed to high speed on demand? If it is, then the board is recognising the demand for heat, if not, it isn't

or ... is the fan working at all? puma PP fans are constantly running at low speed to vent the products of combustion from the pilot. We see a LOT of puma fans

FELT said:
potterton puma 80 (permanent pilot)

The pilot is on

LED for main OFF

What is everyone on today :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is no reset - its a permanent pilot Puma.

The mains LED is OFF.

Check fuse in plug/fused spur outlet, fuse on board or more likely broken joints at top left of main board.

A cellunoid is someone obsessed with mobile phones :cool: or maybe he means solenoid.

Best one I've come across recently (courtesy of The Washington Post) is 'ignoranus': an ignorant a*sehole.
I've not QUITE found anyone to apply it to here, yet. :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back