Where to bond the water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
This house has had its extensions extended, and now (apparently) the stop cock is somewhere under what is now the the dining room!
I can find no evidence of main bonding to either the gas or the water, and whilst looking at the cobmi boiler (in the loft...) I noticed the main water feed to the boiler appearing out of the middle of the cavity wall. Can this be considered the first point of entry? Has the dining room got to be excavated? Other than the kitchen and bathroom sink feeds, which disappear through concrete floors, there is no other point I can access.
Thanks, Mike.

Sponsored Links
How do you isolate the water in an emergency, should a pipe burst for example? :eek:

I agree, very poor set-up. I just want to make sure the main bonding is in place, and dont know wether to demand the dining room is pulled appart, or deviate from regs and bond at the first available point of entry.
Thanks, Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back