Where to buy bathroom stuff?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so decided on plumbing).

I am in the process of ripping out our existing bathroom, and in a few weeks will be ready to start putting new stuff in. I'm just wondering where people order their bathroom furniture from? So far I've looked at Better Bathrooms, Plumbworld, Bathstore etc, but online reviews seem worrying.

Any thoughts? Just need a bath, toilet, vanity basin, mixer shower, taps etc.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Plumbers merchants are your best bet, that way you'll get some backup if you have any issues

I would not buy anything online.... unless its branded like Aqualisa mira, Simpson. Bristan.. ect ect

Even then its just better dealing with your local merchants, they will deal with any problems. They will be more expensive but peace of mind.

Also avoid Bath store wicks and B&Q as most online stores its look good cheap shıt, thats not cheap.

Sponsored Links
After going to a lot of companies, we settled on a local merchant (Boxalls in portsmouth) who have been brilliant, sorting out sort of issues and we did have a few, they checked the items before delivering to us. I'm not sure on price difference to online, but we got high quality items , cheaper than some of the other national bath stores.
I was surprised to find a couple of really good local merchants with large display of bathroom furniture, had to search for them. may be worth a look locally

My apologies... are they good quality.

I think that's the problem, there are so many lookalikes out there.
Haven't come across very much of their stuff but seen a few bits and it seems OK. Not sure what backup is like on spares for brassware though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back