Buying bathroom furniture ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a few plumbers round quoting - some have told me they can 'definitely get white goods cheaper.. " the one today said 'due to the internet its not the case anymore - you can get most stuff at trade price off the internet

he mentioned - bathroom city (or was it plumbing city?.. can't remember)

Who is right - where is the best place to buy bathroom bits - e.g. toilets vanity units - showers baths etc and can a plumber get the goods cheaper..

I have been looking online and see that some places

Victorian plumbing
bathstore .com

always appear to have sales (the % changes but the price is always about the same..)

Are some 'manufacturerers better?
Any advice welcome :)

Sponsored Links
Id avoid any of the bathroom sheds or online stores. Generally cheap crap with bits missing.

If and when I reluctantly do bathrooms (my own most recently) the stuff comes from reputable manufacturers sold by my local plumbers merchant.

Cheap sanitary ware isn't worth the saving. Bathroom furniture even more so.

Always buy branded sanitaryware and brassware. Bathstore, Victoria Plumb etc sell kit with poor backup. Unusual fittings and no spares support. You'll struggle to get parts in a few years if anything goes wrong. Your installer can waste any savings made in time lost struggling to fit this stuff.

OK - so a local plumbers merchant.. which brands am I looking for ? (Totally naïve) .. is there anywhere online I can get an idea of price?

Sponsored Links
let your plumber choose and dont expect him to pass on discounts
or if he does pass on the discount then the goods are your problem once fitted correctly and faulty if you bought them you will have to pay the plumber to remove and refit
if he bought them he will have to sort it out at no cost to yourself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back