Where to Buy Hardcore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a lot (15 to 20 tonnes or even more) of hardcore to raise the level of my driveway. Original plan was to contact skip companies and ask them to dump one or two skip load of rubble in it. But know I have been searching around the net and it seems the skip companies already recycle the rubble and probably wouldn't be interested in giving the rubble away.

So does anyone know where I can get some rubble or Hardcore at a reasonable rate? And on a side question, what does hardcore looks like? Is it another name for gravel?

Sponsored Links
Find an Aggregates supplier from your Yellow Pages and ask for a price.
MOT Type 1 is the name for it. But for your use you could ask if they have anything cheaper. I pay about £20/tonne.

Be aware of skip rubbish, you can't be sure of what you'll get.

Thanks. I got a price of £13 + VAT a ton if I was buying 20 tonnes. It was a decent price. But I have now ordered a skip of rubble for £20. I just hope its not full bricks. The guy has reassured me that it is small pieces and good for hardcore.

Sponsored Links
just put an ad in your local free paper,saying what you want,and no doubt you will be inundated with the stuff,obviously you will need to sress to them what type you need.

I need a lot (15 to 20 tonnes or even more) of hardcore to raise the level of my driveway. Original plan was to contact skip companies and ask them to dump one or two skip load of rubble in it. But know I have been searching around the net and it seems the skip companies already recycle the rubble and probably wouldn't be interested in giving the rubble away.

So does anyone know where I can get some rubble or Hardcore at a reasonable rate? And on a side question, what does hardcore looks like? Is it another name for gravel?
hi my name is robert darby if you want hardcore i have what you need for free but you have to come and pick up my number is 07863235849

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back