Where to buy paint at a good price

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Usually I get magnolia or white and both are cheapish at Selco or B&Q Trade. For other colours (Crown and Dulux), B&Q are £27 for 5 litres.

Has anyone found anywhere that is cheap for paints?

Sponsored Links
Not for those types of paint - all DIY stores are basically the same price - the only time they are cheaper is when the 3 for 2 offers are on. Small businesses are usually dearer.
Decorators merchants don't tend to stock all the 'fancy' big brand paints, but sell much better quality trade paints, most of which can be mixed to any colour you want.

I usually use selco for white/magnolia, costs me around £16.75 inv vat for 10ltrs.

£27 for 5ltrs of colours therefore seems very expensive. What are others paying for 5/10 lts of trade emulsion (i.e Gillden / Leyland or similar).

I pay £17.99 for 5 litres of leyland trade colours and brill white and mag is £11.99. 10 litres of leyland contract emulsion white/mag is £12.99. My supplier is the cheapest I've seen in these parts.

Sponsored Links
I pay £17.99 for 5 litres of leyland trade colours and brill white and mag is £11.99. 10 litres of leyland contract emulsion white/mag is £12.99. My supplier is the cheapest I've seen in these parts.

Thas a pretty good price butt, innit? Where's atoo en? Anywhere near the castle with the leaning tower like? :LOL:

In Cardiff mate, a place called M & R building and decorating supplies cowbridge road east, canton, just past the bingo hall.

Oh, I know the one - right next door if I remember rightly - shop at front, builders yard round back. Been there once before but don't remember it being that cheap. Will pay another visit - always in and around Cardiff!

Cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back