Where to buy quieter pull cord switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced a 50 year old pull cord switch in the bathroom. The old one worked fine, but I simply wanted to update with a better looking switch. The new one has a noisy operation compared with the old one.

Does anyone know where I can buy a quieter switch? The one I bought was a basic B&Q or Homebase switch. I'll happily pay more to get a quieter switch.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
I've never come across a pull switch with a sound rating :LOL:

What make did you buy? You could try MK

NO!

MK ones go "dunk-dunk" when pulled!! Especially when fitted on timber ceilings, they are fantastically vocal...

Try Volex (YUK, but quiet to pull).

Go for a room occupancy sensor, in place of the pull switch, no noise.
For sourcing, try a local wholesaler or screwfix, maplins etc
Jaymack

Sponsored Links
Just curious as to why the 1 second clunk noise bothers you so much :?:
I assume it is this and not a constant crackling noise from the switch!!
:eek:

Its the visit to the loo in the middle of the night, I dont put the light on. I know where my thing is from memory. :LOL:

Diyisfun said:
Its the visit to the loo in the middle of the night, I dont put the light on. I know where my thing is from memory. :LOL:

No light needed for me either, I just wait till it dips in the water....and no I'm not only 2 foot tall ;)

I used a pull cord dimmer switch, it is almost silent in use and has the advantage of low lighting when you want a relaxing soak in the bath.

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back