Where to find GC number Glowworm Space Saver MK 2

Hi folks

My parents are having trouble with the pilot light going out. BG have replaced T/C and said if fault reappears then boiler will need a new gas valve which surprise surprise they say is no longer available.

Steve

As far as I can see there is no evidence to suggest that there is any problem with the gas valve at all in this case.

In fact its pretty rare for that type of fault to even occur on a gas valve. I can only recall ever seeing one.

Most pilot outages are as a result of other causes.

Tony

Sponsored Links
you need to get out more often then Agile power pack in valve gone is not uncommon .
But on a spacesaver i would be stripping the pilot right down to make sure its perfectly clean and injector hole has had an injector pin through it

So after all that, it is a maclaren valve valve and BG were correct in saying its an obsolete part. :LOL:

However i believe in the OPs original post the boiler is actually working but the BG guy warned them about potential issues down the line.

Sponsored Links
There is always a first for everything Petite ;)

So after all that, it is a maclaren valve valve and BG were correct in saying its an obsolete part. :LOL:

However i believe in the OPs original post the boiler is actually working but the BG guy warned them about potential issues down the line.

Appears for once they weren't talking out their arse

The pilot at present is going out on average once every two days.

I did notice on the copper pipe coming from the t/c to the gas valve it looks like he's crushed it with a pair of pliers so it's nice and cylindrical most of the way then becomes crushed and flat for an inch then cylindrical again before going into the gas valve. Is that normal?

Unrelated to this when BG serviced my 20 year old bermuda back boiler earlier this year all he did was dismantle the fire front and tested flue gasses when boiler was running then fitted the fire front back. I thought these back boilers required a comprehensive clean out yearly to function well?

The wire from the T/C is flattened so that a nut with a slot can be fitted onto the wire and used to tighten a connection.

There are several possible reasons why the pilot light may be going out.

But it is a little tedious to properly test.

It also needs a little gadget which is not normally easily available in the UK for some reason.

But these are all gas related so not really possible to mention them here.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back