Help to find a GC number

Hey Fiireman, have spoke to the fitter who can do the work no probs, I just need to confirm the colour of the valve knob? I am led to believe there are two sizes of valve and the knob colour denotes which is which.

Cheers

It's a blue one, mate.

Sponsored Links
:cry:

Bum, mine is brown, which (if I am led to believe correctly) is a 3/4"
Thank you anyway Fireman.

Check it because he maybe wrong .
3/4 itt mclaren valves where usually on the bigger floor standing boilers wall mounted spacesavers usually half inch

Hmmm, will have to see what I can dig up then :) the knob on mine is definitely brown and the boiler is (almost) floor standing. I'm getting the feeling tyhat I should just choke up for a new boiler to be honest mate.

Sponsored Links
Bum, mine is brown, which (if I am led to believe correctly) is a 3/4"
Thank you anyway Fireman.
That'll teach me to start reading a thread halfway through... Wondered what on Earth you were going on about there!! :LOL:

rol, omg I only just got the innuendo there. I say Matron I appear to have gone all Kenneth Williams.

[quote="gas112";p="2346868"]Check it because he maybe wrong .
3/4 itt mclaren valves where usually on the bigger floor standing boilers wall mounted spacesavers usually half inch[/quote]

I THOUGHT I remembered that the brown was 240V and the blue was 24V, but I could be wrong.

Glowworm itt mclaren gas valves where all 24v.

on honeywell valves blue is 24v and black is 240v

Hmmm, will have to see what I can dig up then :) the knob on mine is definitely brown and the boiler is (almost) floor standing. I'm getting the feeling tyhat I should just choke up for a new boiler to be honest mate.

Fair enough, BV, but cast your eyes over:

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/1000-1500-for-supply-and-fitting-soton-area-best-combi.317953/

and you may have to revise your £1k budget. :eek:

Although there are some VERY cheap changeovers on ebay. But be wary.

Might help if you take a picture of the boiler with the control access panel open.

Theres a few different versions of SpaceSaver's The GC number someone listed uses a different gas valve :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll try and take some photos tonight and get them posted.

@ fireman, I did drop u a line on e-mail, can you confirm the size of the valve you have?

Ok, I don't often look at that email, unless I am alerted. But it is 1/2". I will look at email later, as i am off on a call now.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back