Where to find?

D

Deleted2797112

Just moved house, want to keep energy costs low as possible but no money at the moment to replace fittings etc. One of the 6 lamps (on a dimmer switch) in the kitchen failed today - R50 E14/SES 40w reflector. I'd ideally like to gradually move to LEDs as the existing bulbs fail but have spent all day looking and can't find a dimmable LED equivalent. Am I looking for something that doesn't exist (yet?) or that's so expensive, most places don't stock them?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Keep your ordinary incandescent lamps with your ordinary dimmers. To replace them with extraordinary dimmable led's and their counterpart extraordinary dimmers would take decades to recoup your outlay. And you'll probably prefer the type of light output from your current setup.

Keep your ordinary incandescent lamps with your ordinary dimmers. To replace them with extraordinary dimmable led's and their counterpart extraordinary dimmers would take decades to recoup your outlay. And you'll probably prefer the type of light output from your current setup.

Thanks! Part of the reason for switching was because I was under the impression that ordinary incandescents were being phased out and that 40W bulbs disappear this year.

Sponsored Links
Don't replace the lamp then you won't have to dim them as much.

Sorry :)

:LOL: Yes, that's a possibility. Cheaper as less power being used and save the cost of the new bulb too! I'll give your suggestion serious consideration. ;)

Thank you! Those like a good solution and a fraction of the cost of LEDs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back