Where to get an aluminium extrusion for a shower panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for anyone who can advise me where I can get an anodised aluminium 'U' section extrusion to support a 10mm toughened glass shower panel? This is what it looks like http://www.sws-glasbaubeschlaege.de/en/profiles/index.html The company that supply the channels shown http://www.chasmood.com/fitting.htm said they are out of stock until mid January.

Also, for you experienced plumbers out there, this will be used on two sides of a panel, one attached to the wall and the other to the floor. It is for my wet-room project. Would you silicone the extrusion to the Wedi Board wall and 6mm Marmox floor panels, or screw through them and fill the hole with silicone before tightening the screws? I intend to butt the travertine tiles (12mm thick on the walls and 15mm on the floor) up to the extrusion).

Will this support be enough or will it require a stay at the top do you think? I would like to keep it as minimalist as possible, hence trying to avoid a stay.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You may find something from Prefit

I would tile first then fit the extrusion sealing any fixings with silicon to seal any holes in the tanking.

Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason. I see Prefit have many other options for holding the panel. In your experience, would something like the 90 degree wall mounts be sufficient to hold the weight and would I still need a channel on the floor, or could the panel just be siliconed to the floor tiles? I guess the problem would be ensuring that the wall and floor are exactly 90 degrees in th eposition that the panel is going to be mounted?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back