Where to get angle drill bits?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw a video on utube... it was some american company...
They had an 'angle drill bit'.
This would drill into wood and leave an angle - so when you put the screw in, the head didnt stick out.

They also had special screws - that where hard in some parts and weak in others (apparently, this was a good thing to have!).

Anyone know what I'm talking about? :)

The video looked old. So I was assuming there would be lot of different brand names now.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What about countersinking or drilling a slightly larger screw-head sized hole after the main hole has been drilled?

They use snap-off security bolts on most car steering locks. Not easy to get off but that’s the point! Similar to this:

Sponsored Links
This would drill into wood and leave an angle - so when you put the screw in, the head didnt stick out.

At first I thought you meant countersink bits too, but you don't mean a pocket hole jig do you?

Various brands available:- Kreg, Trend, Wolfcraft, cheapo Silverline, etc...

@rsgaz thanks mate!
that's it
the one i saw on utube was kreg i think
screwfix seems so expensive
amazon has many cheaper alternative

EDIT Most are like £30 upward... to say £70 on Amazon
Then there's a cheap mini one priced at £5 something - it's for the same purpose - but without clamp.

I was thinking of buying - just to try out.
Or should I save my money and invest in a better one?

Last edited:
I bought the cheap one. You don't get drill bits with that and, ideally, you need a drill bit that drills a hole with a shoulder inside so that you can use pan head screws. If you just dril a hole and use a standard countersunk screw the wood will, more than likely, split. The other problem with the cheapo one is that you don't get a clamp and using standard quick grip type clamps doesn't really work and trying to drill the holes accurately whist not using a clamp is virtually impossible.

What do you want to use pocket hole joinery for...thats where to start really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back