Where to get doors for a floor to ceiling cupboard

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a boiler that we need to cover up.
I thought it would be a good idea to make the whole wall be a floor to ceiling cupboard.

After seeing many videos on tiktok, I'm pretty confident of building the inner frame.

The bit I'm stuck on is where to get fancy doors.
Trying to do everything on a budget, but happy to spend £800.

The alternative is to get something from Ikea using the Besta range.
Something like this:
vLFJ19.jpg

We've have 4 columns + an extra but at the top.
It doesn't go all the way to the ceiling - a good 30cm left over I think and it doesn't quite cover the whole width of the wall.

You can get loads of different colours.

In Ikea, the above doors cost £10 for 60cm x 34cm and £15 for 60cm x 64cm. This is the cheap range.
More expensive doors cost £30 - £40 - these have gloss finish or are a glass door.

One option would be to build a frame and then make fixings so that the doors can be fitted.
Is that a good or bad idea?

Can I get similar doors for a better price?

Ikea: I have a small grudge against. One of our cupboard doors broke off after 14 months. The cupboard cost £400 - but didn't have their 5 years warranty that others have. They told me to f*** off (well literally anyway).

Or... would it be a good idea to fit doors and wrap each with plastic or something?
Or maybe I can paint??

Just looking for some ideas.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
We have floor to ceiling doors in our bedroom. When we wanted to change them a few years ago, we got a small independent bedroom fitting company to make and fit new ones. I would imagine you could get any size door or cupboard you want made by one of those companies.

If are not that certain of your woodworking skills to make one why don't you ask an independent Carpenter & Joiner to make you suitable door. Maybe cost a little more but be a lot less than a big company and you will have the chance to get exactly what you want. They probably will want to fit it for you as well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back