Where to get extra zone valve cable in same colours?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I buy five core cable in which the conductors have the same colours as most central heating two-port zone valves (i.e. grey, orange, blue, brown, earth). Thus is so that I can re-route some cable runs.

I know I could use five core with other colour schemes, and I can get plenty of that other stuff from local retailers. However I'd prefer the grey/orange/blue/brown/earth if I can get hold of it as it just makes future maintenance just that little bit easier. None of my local plumbers' merchants or electrical merchants seem to have the stuff. I have also had no luck with online retailers. Perhaps I should just give up?

Sponsored Links
Never seen it for sale anywhere. If you find some, let us know :D

Why do you need it?
FFS there are only 2 wires differently coloured and they are switch wires.
How difficult is it to use Black or white to be orange or grey.

I'd just use ordinary 5 core and sleeve the connected ends with tape / heat shrink of the correct colour.

Sponsored Links
You don't put your location on your profile!

If you lived close to me then I expect that I could find an old valve and cut the wire off that to give you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back