Where to get non-return / Check Valve Insert (3/4" 20mm)

SFK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,
For my thermostatic Bath taps I cannot find anyone supplying non-return / Check Valve inserts with o-ring and with an outer diameter of 3/4" / 20mm. It is the same thing that goes into the back of a bar shower, but has a larger outer diameter.

I need a new one as the plastic has failed on mine allowing cold water back into hot water side.

I have time looking with a combination of the above words, but not found anything in UK. The best I have found is this, but in USA and looks like a 1/2": http://www.partstown.com/antunes/rou2170127

Please can anyone assist in a possible suppliers or suggest better search words.

With thanks, SFK
s_Valve_cr.jpg

Sponsored Links
Stick a couple of standard check valves on the hot and cold supplies,.

• Thanks
Reactions: SFK
Picasso,
Thank you. Adding standard check valves is my next step if I cannot find these plastic bits. I was hoping (obviously naively) that I could be lazy and cheap and simply replace the plastic bits.
Thanks again, SFK

Why is it backflowing, are your hot and cold supplies to the shower not from a balanced supply? If the hot supply is LP then is there one in the hot side you could swap over?

Sponsored Links
Madrab,
My flow rate is low, and the hot and cold flow rates are a little un-balanced (I presumed from the flow resistance of the boiler heating plates).

Last year my shower started getting cooler, and it was suggested that "Possibly a mixer is passing between the hot and cold". I found it was actually my Bath Mixer that was passing between the hot and cold and was affecting my shower. As a quick fix I left the Bath Tap thermostat on 'hot' as this stopped back flow. Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/h...ks-worcester-r25-r30-he.447865/#ixzz4J6JNqtRt

Today I had some time so had a look and found that the I found that the Bath Mixer had a failed check valve on the hot side and soon to fail on cold side. So started my failed search of a simple replacement.

Good suggestion to remove from cold side and put on hot, but I think both are failing (weak plastic).

sfk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back