Where to make PVC to Clay sewerage pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Currently I have a clay drain pipe connection from my stack (outside back wall) to the manhole which is on the neighbor land, so I have no manholes on my land. (see diagram below).

As per the diagram I am planning to build an extension over the pipe. I am planning to replace part of the pipe with PVC underground pipework and take another branch to other side for new kitchen connection.

Ideally would be replace the whole pipe to manhole, but that means digging neighbors land which is covered by concrete etc, so I am planning to leave existing clay at his land and replace underground pipework on my side.

Where is the best place to make PVC to Clay connection?
I look at options:

a) straight after 45 degree junction
b) as close as possible to the border

I am thinking to go for option b) where the connection will be within or next to the new foundation. That would give a chance to reach it and replace with PVC to MH when neighbors decide to do anything on their side.

Both pipes on my land will be placed in 10mm gravel at least 150mm around as per the current regs, but of course won't be able to change anything on the neighbor side.

What are yours opinions, please?

I am planning to use flexi rubber connector PVC to clay with steel screw ties. Already tested it 2 meters before the border on that pipe. Is it a good option to go under ground for years? I understand there is a PVC alternative.

Thanks, Alex

upload_2018-4-16_14-53-43.png

upload_2018-4-16_14-53-59.png

Sponsored Links
The rubber ones are better, Plastic ones can leak and let roots in. Do it as close to the boundary as possible, tunnel under a bit if you can.

Or build yourself a new manhole on the public sewer in your garden, with permission of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back