Where to put my shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my bathroom upgraded last year and it looks really nice.Before i had a shower unit over the bath and it worked really well with plenty of pressure,it worked so the hot water coming into it came of the hot water tank and the cold water came from the tank in the loft.The bathroom was upgraded and i got a powerfull pump put next to the hot water tank the pump pumps both the hot and cold water to the bathroom mixer and then to the shower head.The pump is a negative head pump of approx 2.2bar pressure,we have had the pipe work altered that many times and the problem still seems to be there.The bathroom is about 3metres away,the problem seems to be not very good flow.The pipe work has been checked out by so called experts and the pressure going to the pump has been checked and is fine.I think it is because it is the pipe work,it goes down to the pump and then goes up into the loft near the cold water storage tank and then across to the bathroom and then to the mixer half way down the wall and then to the shower head.I think it loses to much pressure going up to the loft and then down to the shower.I am now thinking of putting the pump directly under the bath and putting the pipe work under the floor,so the pump is directly under the mixer so that the pump is only driving upto the shower head.Does anybody think this will work.

Sponsored Links
The pump has to go next to the cylinder, try taking the shower head off and see if that makes any difference, then remove the shower hose (if you have one) these can sometime twist.

If you have high points in the loft then there could be air trapped and you would need to fit valves to remove the air.

Also you could turn on the shower, doing cold then hot and use a wet vac to remove any air in the pipe work.

Andy

The pump has to go next to the cylinder, try taking the shower head off and see if that makes any difference, then remove the shower hose (if you have one) these can sometime twist.

If you have high points in the loft then there could be air trapped and you would need to fit valves to remove the air.

Also you could turn on the shower, doing cold then hot and use a wet vac to remove any air in the pipe work.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I have thought of another idea as regards the pipework issue and that is to leave the pump where it is,but take off the out going pipe work off the pump then get some flexible pipe work put it on the output with a mixer on it with a shower output and put that in the bath to see if it is the out going pipe work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back