Where will my poo go ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I know this may sound like a daft question but .........I'm planning on putting a downstairs toilet in an old store room downstairs. The existing and only soil pipe is attached to the wall and then disapears underground, the location of the soil pipe is approx 20ft from where I want to put the toilet. If I put the toilet in the waste from the toilet will have to run the 20ft in the horizontal and then Tee on to the existing soiul pipe, this doesn;t sound right does it ? Should there be a fall on this pipe from the toilet ?

:D

Sponsored Links
Yes simple laws of physics............poo will only flow downhill.

The answer you need might be ''shudders'' a Saniflow.......which minces your poo and pumps it away for you.

HarrogateGas said:
Yes simple laws of physics............poo will only flow downhill.

The answer you need might be ''shudders'' a Saniflow.......which minces your poo and pumps it away for you.

I would prefer a 5gallon bucket to fitting a Saniflo :evil:

is there something I should know about Saniflows ?

Do I have any other options to solve this problem ?

What is the set up where the soil stack joins the drain ? Is it feasible for me to dig down to this and Tee in?

What is the suggested minimum fall for this pipe from the loo ?

:) :)

Sponsored Links
They were invented by Lucifer himself. There's no problem, while there's no problem, but consider how you would deal with a 20'x 2" pipe full of poo when something does go wrong. You can get dry toilets which don't have this problem.

If you do end up going for a saniflow get the model which has the slide out macerator for ease of maintenance etc.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back