Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C'mon, Mods...

You can't be that paranoid??

Where's my post gone?

Sponsored Links
Where's my post gone?

At a rough guess, I would imagine that it has joined the ranks of the 'has beens' - just like my reply a few minutes ago to a posting that Softus introduced. Softus's posting has also disappeared!

However, having read the slanging match that developed from replies to his post, and the entire contents of the locked topics on this page, I am beginning, not to side with the mods, but certainly to understand where they are coming from.

bolo said:
the slanging match that developed
Slanging match? Who are you saying was issuing insults?

...I am beginning, not to side with the mods, but certainly to understand where they are coming from.
In that case you'll understand that, whilst they generally do a difficult job extremely well, they have no purpose unless they delete posts and lock topics. Remember, a traffic warden who issues no tickets is no more than a member of the public. ;)

Or do you think they could adopt a more constructive approach?

Sponsored Links
This is the only moderated forum I participate in where the Mods take such a brute force approach.

Moderation should be about keeping threads on track i.e. If someone posts something off the wall (not necessarily abusive or obtuse) then the Mods should advise the poster accordingly.

This way new members learn from the start good forum practice and what the expectations on them are.

I think that the reason this forum is moderated the way it is reflects more on the lack of Mods than their quality.

There aren't enough to be able to look into detail at the posts and, by the time they notice something, it's generally gone so far that locking is the simple (and quick) solution.

MW

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean the thread has gone off topic.

Or do you think they could adopt a more constructive approach?

Yes. They could reintroduce your previous contribution as a locked posting,highlight, (as if they needed to), the unacceptable bits, eg "You're a criminal etc" (describing your opinion of 3Ls)and ban you for a week or so.

All of us play with words and with no disrespect to other contributers, you do it better than most. Having said that, you, by your silly comments, turned your own interesting posting into a frivolous charade. Why? You already hold or equal the record for having a post locked. Exactly what did you want to achieve?

bolo said:
I agree.

They could reintroduce your previous contribution as a locked posting,highlight, (as if they needed to), the unacceptable bits, eg "You're a criminal etc" (describing your opinion of 3Ls)
It isn't my opinion that libby lou lou is a criminal - he/she has repeatedly claimed that he/she is.

and ban you for a week or so.
For doing what? Referring to a selfish criminal as a selfish criminal? How bizarre.

All of us play with words and with no disrespect to other contributers, you do it better than most. Having said that, you, by your silly comments, turned your own interesting posting into a frivolous charade.
That is most definitely your opinion. Should you now be banned for a week?

You already hold or equal the record for having a post locked.
If you think that claim has any basis in fact, please do explain.

Exactly what did you want to achieve?
By doing what?

PS: You owe me one Lord Toffingham.

Softus Wrote:
It isn't my opinion that libby lou lou is a criminal - he/she has repeatedly claimed that he/she is.
I wasn't aware that LLL had stated that he/she had been convicted of anything?

bolo said:
I agree.

They could reintroduce your previous contribution as a locked posting,highlight, (as if they needed to), the unacceptable bits, eg "You're a criminal etc" (describing your opinion of 3Ls)

and ban you for a week or so.
For doing what? Referring to a selfish criminal as a selfish criminal? How bizarre.

All of us play with words and with no disrespect to other contributers, you do it better than most. Having said that, you, by your silly comments, turned your own interesting posting into a frivolous charade.
That is most definitely your opinion. Should you now be banned for a week?

You already hold or equal the record for having a post locked.
If you think that claim has any basis in fact, please do explain.

Exactly what did you want to achieve?
By doing what?

PS: You owe me one Lord Toffingham.

As I said Softus you do it better than most and this reply is no exception.
ps the 'debt', if it's meant for me, is a bit above my head.

I just wanted to be able to say "Hello" before it gets locked :)

I don't see the point in having a general discussion forum if all heated topics are locked. Take a look at the number of views the locked topics have received compared to the others. People want heated debate. It's just like Prime Ministers questions - a Punch and Judy show. So what? The actual forum is a complete waste of time as nobody ever changes their stance on any issue. (Unlike Gordon Brown).

Entirely my fault Mod 7. In quoting from a post which apparantly disappeared into thin air, I inadvertantly infringed Rule 3b. My sincere apologies to you and to Softus and Megawatt also who both, as a result of my actions, were almost drawn into that infringement.

In future, just like Softus, I shall be very careful about what I say about other members.

Sponsored Links
Back