Where's my post gone?

cjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am I not allowed allowed to ask about extension costs? Have I put my question in the wrong place?

Damn & blast, TELL ME :evil: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well don't all just read and not tell me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cjb said:
Am I not allowed allowed to ask about extension costs?
You can but very difficult without seeing it, has your post been deleted ?

Hello there Masona :D

I did put up a post with details, but it has mysteriously disappeared :eek: mmmmmmm... X-Files :LOL:

We had a civil engineer come round yesterday re: chimney breast removal etc... we've had one quote of £1500, one for £4000 to remove the stack, the breast & the wall and make good...

We are also wanting to build a utility room from the back of our kitchen... about 10ft x 8 ft.. the engineer said to work on a formula of around £1200 per cubic metre - I guess in old money that would make our extension around £12000, which seems a hell of a lot of cash for a little box on the back.

I wanted to know how to go about working out what was a good price...

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
cjb said:
wanted to know how to go about working out what was a good price...
2 or 3 quotes should give you some idea, what area are you from apart from being in the UK ? :LOL:

We're in Essex... I've got another guy coming tomorrow so it will give us a better idea..

We need to get all the building works done for around £9k so we're going to be tight.

Having said that, I'm tight anyway - roll on B&Q New Year's Sale kitchen :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back