roof pitch tile, and roof window???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am currently trying to find the best solution for my roof. Looking around I have seen many different solutions but I am unsure of what is best. I am building a small extension to the rear of my house. The dilemma is the pitch!! Using an app on my phone and string line I have a pitch of about 12.5 deg. I was thinking along the lines of centurion tiles which go down to 10 deg with their strict fitting instructions. Then I've seen Fakro do a flashing kit which gives a 10 pitch, this resulting in 22.5 degrees, the only thing is the cost!! After talking to my BCO officer he has said if I can get consent from a manufacturer to allow me to put a 20mm wedge at the top of the window and the the flashing kit will allow this, he would be ok with that. Has anyone done this?? Also he has said he will allow 75mm of lead flashing under the upstairs windows, as they are lipped. Does anyone know what the approximate height of the centurion tile and lath is, so I can get the maximum pitch?
Cheers Ian

Sponsored Links
Don't follow the bit about the wedge. Just fit the upstand kit and go with the 22..ish° pitch of the window. Centurian tiles and battens add about 50mm to the roof plane. 75mm upstand beneath a window is fine. At 10° make sure you follow the spec carefully - particularly the lap of the membrane.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back