Wheres the best place to advertise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently gone self employed and just looking for some advice for the best places to advertise. Im currently signed up with Skillhouse directory and ive had 2 jobs from it this month, it cost me 35 pound to join for a month with no contract and choose my own working mile radius so im happy with my return and will be staying with them but is there any similar ones anyone could recommend that wont break the bank? Ones like skillhouse that are relatively new and aren't saturated, there would be more chance finding a needle in a haystack than finding me if i paid to be on the main ones and their prices are extortionate. I dont want to be paying any more than 30-60 per month, plus im not a fan of paying for leads even if it doesn't land the job, so im basically asking if theres anymore like the one im already on. thank you.

Shaun.

Sponsored Links
Ive recently gone self employed and just looking for some advice for the best places to advertise. Im currently signed up with Skillhouse directory and ive had 2 jobs from it this month, it cost me 35 pound to join for a month with no contract and choose my own working mile radius so im happy with my return and will be staying with them but is there any similar ones anyone could recommend that wont break the bank? Ones like skillhouse that are relatively new and aren't saturated, there would be more chance finding a needle in a haystack than finding me if i paid to be on the main ones and their prices are extortionate. I dont want to be paying any more than 30-60 per month, plus im not a fan of paying for leads even if it doesn't land the job, so im basically asking if theres anymore like the one im already on. thank you.

Shaun.
What job do you do

I'm an electrician and a plumber. On the directory I mentioned I come up on the searches for plumber and electrician amongst other search tags I picked so another one like that would be brilliant if you know any.

facebook - free
google maps/business - free
instagram pics of you and your work - free
there are also some watsapp groups you can join - free
regularly search your local council for planning applications - free

You also wont go wrong with leafleting/carding your neighbourhood. £20 or sticking up an ad in your town centre newsagent.

Sponsored Links
Try Estate Agents, they may allow you to leave your cards,
Rental Property agencies always looking for some one that will do the work "yesterday at the earliest" and be negotiable regarding the costs .

Get your company name on your van, get a V board to put outside properties you are working on, advertise in local parish council magazine, noticeboard in shops.
Some trade stores let you leave business cards (seen in Toolstation) on a wall board.

Join all local discussion groups on Facebook (neighbourhood watch, selling pages etc) as people are always asking for recommendations for trades. And on NextDoor - that is growing.

I'm an electrician and a plumber. On the directory I mentioned I come up on the searches for plumber and electrician amongst other search tags I picked so another one like that would be brilliant if you know any.
Do a good job,word of mouth,still the fastest,and priceless,and free.

Try Estate Agents, they may allow you to leave your cards,
Rental Property agencies always looking for some one that will do the work "yesterday at the earliest" and be negotiable regarding the costs .
My experience of rental agents is they employ the worst tradesman, they want the cheapest quickest guy.

Quality is an afterthought.

Sponsored Links
Back