business advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wondering if any advice for me. working for a council gas form 9-5. good money ect but ive started doing my own thing on weekends and evening. because im busy 9-5 for the moment i am only doing landlords, cookers and the odd like for like installation . ive paid 500 yell.com 5 months ago . 1 call. ratedpeople.com awful and rip off. recently advertised on google and yahoo and blimey i am getting business though. have advertised in some landlord sites and magazines but just wondering considering im just focusing on landlords where and what advertising is best in the london area. local papers? no way. expensive and this is london . no one speaks english!!!! the landlords i have done have been really chuffed . i know once i get the landlords ill keep them sweet its just letting them know im here!!! pls help and i hope i can help you in return!!!

Sponsored Links
I assume you have your own CORGI registration and not just using the councils reg for your work? :confused:

blimey i am getting business though.
Sorry, does that mean you are or you aren't?!

I was recently offered as many Landlords' Certs as I wanted to do, at £17 each. Oddly, they can't get enough people to do them :confused:

What are you charging?

Sponsored Links
i charge 53 quid. google seems to be the way but obviously pay per click cajn get expensive

What if they have a backboiler?

What if they have boiler cooker and fire how much extra :?:

£45 here but thats way too cheap,going up next week to £55 :LOL:

The thing with the public and especialy landlords, is that like you, they justifiably want value for money.

If they percieve your an opotunistic sort of a person, word will get about and your 45 up to 55 honeymoon will soon end.

The secret to finanial success is to do the job safetly, and still make a living whilst pitching your price low enough to encourage poeple to ask you to do their work.

Good luck.

Tim

blimey i am getting business though.
Sorry, does that mean you are or you aren't?!

I was recently offered as many Landlords' Certs as I wanted to do, at £17 each. Oddly, they can't get enough people to do them :confused:

What are you charging?

£17, thats an interesting figure ChrisR, and I bet they are happy that they don't have any vicareious liability if things went wrong..

Would like to have been a fly on the wall when you declined their offer.

Tim

1m insurance boiler and cooker is 53. third appliance is 10 after plus vat off course. dont see back boilers very much but 80 is what i charge

1m insurance boiler and cooker is 53. third appliance is 10 after plus vat off course. dont see back boilers very much but 80 is what i charge

You must be VERY busy if you can do so many CP12s on only weekends that you exceed the VAT threshold of about £60k !

You might as well give up the day job and with the extra five days you will be earning £210k p.a. if you can continue to work all the week!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back