Which boiler advice (inc combi storage question)

Go for the 832, it'll be cheaper to run as it modulates down to a lower firing rate, so it'll be a bit cheaper to run as well as being cheaper to buy

Yep, leaning that way - especially with the risk of wasting lots of money redoing a gas pipe.

Just trying to figure out what controls are needed for adding the cylinder later (and a Wet UFH system). Given the urgency may just go with a Salus one for now and deal with the question later!

Sponsored Links
Just stick a programmable room thermostat on for now. You can work out the most appropriate controls for the UFH, radiators and cylinder when they are fitted.

Just stick a programmable room thermostat on for now. You can work out the most appropriate controls for the UFH, radiators and cylinder when they are fitted.
That's what I had concluded, parts should be ordered today and hopefully hot water and heating by Saturday night!

Thank you all again - although I'll no doubt be back soon to ask what are the best parts to use when adding a cylinder!

I have working hot water and central heating (but of a glitch with the room thermostat as it wasn't pairing but think I got it up and running last night). Thanks to those that inputted!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I need a new boiler. Currently have a Worcester combi. I've been looking at combi's but saw the storage combi and can't find much info anywhere on it. I work from home running a small salon and the storage combi from what I can find out seemed a better option but then reading some of the answers on this thread one person said it's not really worth it as the storage is small so I would most likely use all that during the day, but then apart from heating which I do like to have on, there is usually only me at home in the evenings so not really using gas for lots of people showering etc. Anyway advice is very welcome, thank you (I know it's a really old thread)

I work from home running a small salon
Assuming it is a hair salon and only one hair washing sink in which case a combi is probably OK.

But if there are two sinks and both may be in use at the same time then the temperature of the hot water from the combi is likely to vary rapidly between when one sink is taking hot water and when two sinks are taking hot water at the same time. A small buffer store for hot water will slow the rate of change of temperature but not eliminate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back