Which boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, which combi boiler would you reccomend for a three bed house? it total they have 5 panel rads, 6 double rads, on towel warmer.
Double rads are 2 1200x600 4 600x600, the panel rads are much the same sizes.
Currently have a vizo fitted but the rads do not seem to get very hot on the farthest end of the house from the boiler.

Sponsored Links
why are you changing the boiler ?

the problem described only seems to indicate a lack of balancing on your system!

search for balancing on here if you not sure how to do it

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well i have tried balanceing it, but still the heat does not seem to get all the way around, nor do the ones on the end get very hot. The current boiler is a vizo condenser combi vizo24. I got it for £400 and was told by the guy who sold it it would be powerfull enough for the job. Now i`m not so sure :)
Also if the heat is turned up to full on the boiler everything redlights and the damn thing cuts out :(

This should be more than powerful enough to heat your system.

Sounds to me that the system was never flushed properly at the time of installation, or the pump may not be working properly/set on max setting :confused:

Sponsored Links
System did not need flushing as everything is new, i replaced all the old rads plus pipework as the old stuff was mixed with steel pipes, the rads were around fifty years old as well i reckon lol.
I`ll check the pump and try to balance it again. Thanks for the help guys.

I don`t use wire wool, i thought he meant power flush like you`d do with an old system, i flushed the pipes with water before getting the boiler installed :)

New systems should be flushed with X300 or equivalent, not just water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back