Which Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to decide which boiler to get. The engineer has suggested an ideal 24kw, for a 3 bed property with 5 radiators? Is this sufficient for my needs

Thank in advance

Sponsored Links
Trying to decide which boiler to get. The engineer has suggested an ideal 24kw, for a 3 bed property with 5 radiators? Is this sufficient for my needs

Thank in advance

Is that an open vented system or a combi?

I specced an 18Kw, for my well insulated 3 bed, 9 radiators, CH + stored HW open vented and the installer suggested even that was a little too big.

Sponsored Links

Thank in advance

Also be aware that many installers will rather than suggesting the best boiler, will recommend a make they are accustomed to installing and which they get the best discount on.

I decided on the boiler I wanted, then found an installer willing, able to install it with a suitable price for it.

it is all to do with your HW requirements, you will never need 24 KW for your heating if you only have 5 rads

it is all to do with your HW requirements, you will never need 24 KW for your heating if you only have 5 rads

They have yet to let us know what variety of system they have, so impossible to offer advice on boiler Kw.

+2 for intergas. Fitted one for the inlaws and my dad. Ill fit one here when the wooshiter finally goes pop

I already said that, read the whole quote

Yes I realise that you said it is all to do with the hot water supply......

Trying to decide which boiler to get.

Maybe Vnary does not appreciate the limitation of a combi boiler in coping with the different requirements of space heating ( low power ) and hot water supply ( high power )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back