Which brand sockets are best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just had a new distribution board fitted and plan to rewire the house in sections over the next couple of months.

What brand sockets are best? Someone said MK but I'm not sure if they do brushed steel sockets (to match kitchen hardware).

Are there any other decent/better brands?

Sponsored Links
mk kit seems to last longer than most and it has always had a feel of quality but it is a bit more expensive too.

mk do a fairly variety of finishes but most of them are quite tricky to get hold of.

GET's Ultimate range has gone a long way to be the first of the new generation. Sleek and easy on the eye, colour coded terminals to help the uneducated, terminals in a nice neat 45degree angled row, screw covers and a range that only MK can beat. Their grid range, dare i say it, is even better than GridPlus.

MK have the perfect range, and even the price on occasions, but for aesthetics and VFM, GET are pushing them hard.

Sponsored Links
Wickes New SLIMLINE range is very good, as I have used them, they have the same features as described above for the GET fittings, and the Twenty Five Year Guarantee they come with, is sure to be a winner.

Even MK's guarantee is twenty years, compared to Wickes Twenty-Five!

I found the "Ashley" range from Hager quite aesthetically pleasing, and incredebly easy to wire up. (large cage-type terminals)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back