MK Logic Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First, I wasn't sure if this was best placed in the Tools and Materials forum, so feel free to move if so.

I love MK's Logic Plus range of accessories, but what is their justification for a massive uplift for a twin socket with USB ports.

This is the cheapest I've found it: http://www.electricpoint.com/mk-log...gle-shopping&gclid=CLLZo5259scCFcSRGwod5-sJFg

Their non USB twin socket is £20 less! And most other brands with USB seem to be 50% less than MK's one.

Are MK doing it differently (in a much superior way) that justifies the cost? I only want a couple for various locations so it's not like I'm changing the whole house. So really I'm stuck with getting MK to keep them the same as existing.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The MK USB sockets probably have a well designed and 99% safe design for their 230 to USB power convertors with isolation between USB and mains. Unlike some of the "cheaper" ones which, in the worse seen so far (*), can have the 0 volt of the USB connected to the Neutral of the mains. If ( when ) the pulse width modulating transistor between Live and USB 5 volt out fails to short circuit the 5 volts USB becomes 230 volts AC. This could be detrimental to equipment powered by the "USB" supply when the device fails. No isolation whatso ever.

(*) they were spotted and the entire shipment siezed and cushed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back