MK Logic Plus Rapid Fix Sockets (built in "Wagos")

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone had used, or had any thoughts about these.

https://www.discount-electrical.co....switched-socket-with-screwless-terminals-230v

mk-electric-k2747stwhi-logic-plus-rapid-fix-white-moulded-2-gang-double-pole-switched-socket-with-screwless-terminals-230v.jpg

Also available from Screwfix so I might pick one up just to see. I can see the advantage for an amateur in fixing each cable individually, rather than multiple conductors squashed by the one screw. But I'm not sure of the downsides apart from price.

Sponsored Links
Just wondered if anyone had used, or had any thoughts about these.
https://www.discount-electrical.co....switched-socket-with-screwless-terminals-230v .... Also available from Screwfix so I might pick one up just to see. I can see the advantage for an amateur in fixing each cable individually, rather than multiple conductors squashed by the one screw. But I'm not sure of the downsides apart from price.
Interesting.

I'm no real fan of 'screwless terminals', so would not be very impressed by that (it takes only a few seconds to tighten a terminal screw), but I've always been in favour of the idea of 'one conductor per terminal', so might be interested in them for that reason. Donkeys' years ago, one could get ones like this (and I still have a couple on my shelf), but (although maybe I haven't looked hard enough1) I haven't seen anything like this for very many years (and sets of 3, rather than just 2, terminals would be even better, in case one wants to run a spur from the socket) ....

upload_2022-1-7_17-8-30.png

Kind Regards, John

They look very handy for portable/temporary setups. Flexible conductors in oversized screw terminals have never inspired confidence, neither have mixed conductor types in a terminal.

They are more expensive than the ordinary MK "logic plus" double sockets, but actually cheaper than the Logic plus sockets with dual earth terminals.

The main downside of the terminals seems to be the physical size. I presume this is why the only accessory offered is a double socket.

Also standard MK logic plus double sockets are specified to take 2x6mm² while these are only specified to take up to 4mm².

Sponsored Links
Expensive, and the time savings are next to nothing, so can't see any professional using them.
Probably why they are only available in Screwfix.

Also the quality won't be as good as the original ones. Made in Malaysia.

Expensive, and the time savings are next to nothing, so can't see any professional using them.
Probably why they are only available in Screwfix.
As I implied, in terms of their having 'screwless terminals', I would agree.

However, what about my other point - do I take it that you do not share my feeling that 'one conductor per terminal' (whether screwed, as in my pic, or screwless) is to be preferred?

Kind Regards, John

I fully agree on the time saving, the time doing up screw terminals is trivial in the context of the whole job, I probably spend more time dressing the cables so that they fold neatly into the back box. However as well as the point about one connector per terminal, which I really like, there is also a point about the screw terminals themselves. I think all the switches and sockets that I've seen just have the end of the screw pressing onto the conductor, and turning as they do so. Not like an MCB or a Klippon where the screw pulls a cage up around the conductors.

Seen them here a few weeks ago on big clives youtube channel. He takes it apart as usual. Ha. Edit.. Just noticed this has already been posted in thread. Opps. I leave it..Well worth a watch.

Just bought some of these to. In and outs. Clever, and also seen on his channel

Last edited:
Almost double the price of screw in terminals. I do like the idea, though until the price comes down (and competitors start making them to force it) can't justify spending more for these.

I was told that when they came out, however Edmunsons have them in stock and even one on display for customers to fiddle with.
Yes, I don't know why anyone thought they were only available from Screwfix, given that the link in the first post gave another supplier. A search by part number K2747STWHI finds a bunch of our stockists as well.

The advantage I see is that it gives a consistent connection, with less conductor deformity. I have not had any issues with wago clamps, so would not expect any with this socket.
It will be interesting to see if :
- there is a market for the product
- how MK develop other products in the range. If none, it is a novelty product.
- any competitors enter the market

To me, this has the advantages we see with a MF JB.

The advantage I see is that it gives a consistent connection, with less conductor deformity. I have not had any issues with wago clamps, so would not expect any with this socket.
Fair enough - although I would add my usual caution that (in contrast with screwed terminals) we do not (cannot) yet know how Wagos fare after they have been in service for several decades.

As I've said, the main attraction to me is the 'one conductor per terminal' - although, as I have illustrated, that can be (and has been) achieved with screw terminals.
It will be interesting to see if : - there is a market for the product - how MK develop other products in the range. If none, it is a novelty product. - any competitors enter the market
Indeed. If the idea were to 'catch on', the logical result would be that all electrical accessories, of all makes, would eventually adopt this approach. I may be wrong, but I suspect it will remain as a 'novelty', but I'm glad to see that MK have tried it, so as to 'test the waters'!
To me, this has the advantages we see with a MF JB.
Indeed - but, as above, also the 'disadvantages' we see with MF JBs in relation to the (inevitable) current uncertainties about very-long-term performance.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back