After a recommendation, please? For a socket with terminal clamps and USB ports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, thank you for reading this! I have found the MK Logic plus rapid fix switched sockets with white inserts, which look pretty good, but I'm after a screwless socket that also has USB ports and can't find one - I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction, please

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Electrician?
Fair I've got one - he's one of the nicest people I've ever met and I go to him for most things but I love tinkering and don't want to stop DIYing (I don't touch the CU or anything too difficult or dangerous) but yeah, getting a bit sore!

OMG - head slap moment!! Lol!! Thank you so much!! That had just not occurred to me!!
If you did decide to go down that route, I would advise you to make sure that you set the clutch to a very low torque setting - even in my limited experience, I've seen a good few back boxes destroyed as a result of over-zealous use of an electric screwdriver on faceplate screws!

Kind Regards, John

Honestly, I'm wondering if I'm a bit arthritic in my wrist because the twisting motion is killing! Anything to avoid less screwing
Perhaps making up small tails with push-in Wago connectors and fitting them to the sockets in the comfort of your lap/workbench, then you can push fit the wires when you're kneeling at the socket box, rather than having to wave a cordless around..

If you did decide to go down that route, I would advise you to make sure that you set the clutch to a very low torque setting - even in my limited experience, I've seen a good few back boxes destroyed as a result of over-zealous use of an electric screwdriver on faceplate screws!
mmm, the torque limiter on an electric screwdriver has none of the context a human has when driving in a screw.

mmm, the torque limiter on an electric screwdriver has none of the context a human has when driving in a screw.
I agree, which is why I would never personally even dream of using an electric screwdriver on faceplate screws - as I said, I've seen far too many examples of the possible consequences!

Kind Regards, John

I agree, which is why I would never personally even dream of using an electric screwdriver on faceplate screws - as I said, I've seen far too many examples of the possible consequences!

Kind Regards, John
Ah, ok - I've never used an electric screwdriver so thank you for the heads up. What about a rachet screwdriver, would they be better on the wrist, please? (Been googling different types of screwdriver!)

How about one that is still shaped like a screwdriver (black n decker did one years ago?) rather than a pistol so you can drive it on the motor til the screw is almost home then turn it with a hand feel the rest of the way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back