USB-only outlet, white - recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Experts,

I’m redecorating a bedroom. It has an en suite bathroom and the 3m rule limits where I can place sockets. One idea is to place a USB-only outlet to one side of the bed, with the 3m.

I’ve not found many options though. I prefer plain white “unfussy” switches and sockets and would normally use something like MK Logic Plus, but they don’t seem to have a USB-only outlet (except for a grid). The best I’ve seen so far is probably this anonymous product from TLC:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SFQUADMW.html

Does anyone have any suggestions, either a specific product or a recommended range?

Sponsored Links
Does the en-suite have a door?

Even if it does not, I think anyone would be hard-pressed to argue that the 3m. extends to another room.

Oh, that’s interesting. I had always thought that you were not allowed sockets that would allow you to use a heater, radio etc. in the bathroom, plugged in outside the bathroom. In this case the existing socket seems to be 3.01 m from the en suite door, and I assumed that was not a coincidence!

Sponsored Links
Oh, that’s interesting. I had always thought that you were not allowed sockets that would allow you to use a heater, radio etc. in the bathroom, plugged in outside the bathroom.
That would be quite sensible reasoning but, as EFLI has said, it's hard to read the regs to be saying that.

The 3m minimum only relates to 'sockets in a bathroom'. If the bathroom has a door, then I don't think that there is any way that it could relate to things outside of 'that room' (the bathroom) - but, as EFLI also said, I doubt that would change even if there were no door, provided that the socket was 'obviously in some other room'.

In fact, I can think of some very small flats which I know (basically bedsits with a small bathroom) in which the end of the bath is very close to the bathroom door, such that a 3m minimum from there which extended outside of the bathroom would be very restrictive in terms of where sockets could be located anywhere within the flat!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back