mains sockets with 2 USB ports delivering 2.1A to both ports (not shared) ?

One would hope some internal control but even that adds a threshold voltage so unless the device uses a switch mode unit to boost the voltage then the 0.3 volt would have a huge effect on the charge rate.
That, of course, was my point. Once can play around with the calculations, assuming different battery cell voltages etc. - but, contrary to what was suggested, the potential effect of a 0.3V difference in charger voltage remains large.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I have a couple of the MK units at home and both will charge an iPhone and an iPad simultaneously. Not tried two iPads though.

I have a couple of the MK units at home and both will charge an iPhone and an iPad simultaneously. Not tried two iPads though.
Yes, but the time taken to charge will not be too clever. You can charge an iPAD (needs 2A ideally) on an iPhone power supply (delivers max 1 amp), but it will take a long time, Even longer if the screen is still switched on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back