which breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My present breaker is coming to the end of its life. I need something beteen the kango 950 and the jcb hydraulic breaker we have, that can deal with reinforced concrete and fence foundations etc. Needs to be electric, tough and good at breaking, not just tickling the concrete! Having a look at the bosch GSH 16-28, but its very pricey. DOnt mind spending the money but any recomendations would be much appreciated. Needs to be able to take a good beating as it gets used in all weathers, almost on a daily basis.

Sponsored Links
My present breaker is coming to the end of its life. I need something beteen the kango 950 and the jcb hydraulic breaker we have, that can deal with reinforced concrete and fence foundations etc. Needs to be electric, tough and good at breaking, not just tickling the concrete! Having a look at the bosch GSH 16-28, but its very pricey. DOnt mind spending the money but any recomendations would be much appreciated. Needs to be able to take a good beating as it gets used in all weathers, almost on a daily basis.

GSH16-28 is a good breaker but it depends what you need to do with it (how long's a piece of string!). It certainly isn't as powerful as a hydraulic breaker, but is more powerful than a 950. I think it won a "product of the year" type award when it cam out as well so quality must be decent.
If you can hang off for a couple of months, our rep told us there was a new version of the big Yellow Bosch breaker coming out in October - not sure on price yet though.

I'm using a Milwaukee demo' hammer at present and it suits are needs ok.

This can be lifted above waist height (just) so is moderately wieldy. It possesses enough 'punch' to deal with anything around 100 - 150mm thick.

However if you are looking for a tool that is to be held mainly vertical then i can only think of the usual Bosch heavy duty electric hammers.

Mine...
KANGO900SX190.jpg

Heavy duty Bosch....
Bosch%20Gsh%2027.jpg

What are you looking for Big T, something wieldy or something powerful?

bit of both really, mainly used for getting out cncrete around old fence posts, and breaking out old concrete pathways etc. the 950 is nice and light, but not powerful enough for strong concrete etc, but good for holding horizontally for brickwork etc. Got a hydraulic one that comes out for really thick stuff, but it takes up room, so it only comes out on certain jobs. After a bit of an in between that we can keep in teh truck. Our present one is a trade tools one, which was a decent bit of kit (aussie company that set up a shop over here and has since gone) but has packed in after about 3 years heavy use.

Sponsored Links
just ordered the bosch gsh16-28 ill let you know what its like!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back