Which budget circular saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for a budget circular saw. I won't use it a great deal so don't want to fork out DeWalt money.

I don't really know what to go for. The latest Toolstation catalogue has PowerPlus tools (I'm looking at the POWX052 at £68), or there's the Silverline 'Hi-spec' 210mm Circular saw at £51+vat from various retailers. Or Screwfix do a Titan saw at £39.99.

Which of these brands represents the best value for money, in your collective opinions?

I need to cross-cut some 7"x2" rafters, and also rip them down to 4"x2" when cut to length.

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
In my DIY experience i would choose cheap tools that come with a 3 year warranty as you will probably find they brake as they are so cheap.

But they do the job.

Hey.

I've been using my JCB circ saw, fairly regularly, for 3 years on various DIY jobs. Never had any probs with it.

Laser line was never really much use (use the paralel guide or a clamped straight edge) but other than that - really good.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back