Which chemical paint stripper ?

No Problem ...
only wished I'd known about the changes - I would have bought lots too :cry:

Sponsored Links
HI
lead paint is more dangerous when burnt off rather than sanded so obvious pecautions . Beware of caustic paint strippers they are not selective as such they do not stop when they reach the timber surface they will penertrate the substrate and if they are not neutralised will draw back out into your carefully painted woodwork , this can happen several months later.

The woodwork must be neutralised then washed with copious ammounts of fresh water and a sample tested with litmuss paper.

Before proceeding with any chemical stripper phone the makers and ask them the procedure for neutralising and tell them yoou wish to paint over it.

regards

At the moment I am using Blackfriars paint and varnish remover on my staircase/panelling/spindles. Its just like the old nitromors stuff, stinks, burns skin etc, but actually works, unlike the modern green nitromors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back