Which combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just brought a bungalow and on having the gas checked out have been advised that it would be more cost effective to have a new boiler fitted (combi) .The old one is a back boiler with a tatty old gas fire in front which we really want removing.

The question is which boiler would any of you guys recommend?
Its a three bed bungalow which we will extend upwards next year with 2 beds and a bathroom.Will no longer have a bathroom downstairs,just wc.

Have looked at the ones on the screwfix website but unsure which to go for,any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Avoid the boilers from Screwfix.

My boilers of choice are Vaillant, Viessmann, ATAG and Broag Remeha.
I have had experience with the above mentioned but I am not a fitter.

Vaillant are definately the way too go. Great quality and very well priced. ;)

maybe you should find a installer you trust and go for what he recommends. more important then brand of boiler in quality of the install. if it was me i would get a heatline solaris(not sold in screwfix)

Sponsored Links
i like the worcesters. we fitted a couple of viessmann last month with weather comp....but not as smooth a fit as the woscesters imho.

Read up on this site as to whether a combi is suitable for you. ie water flow and pressure....amount of people living in the house and there water usage

Depends on your wallet, like buying a car, buy a rolls or a skoda, both do same job one will probably last longer with fewer problems, Ravenheat`s are good. :D

Read up on this site as to whether a combi is suitable for you. ie water flow and pressure....amount of people living in the house and there water usage

combi will normally be able to cope with a three bedroom bungalow. :rolleyes:

give it time. ;) Do you do repairs or just installation?

Don`t do repairs, some of us work for a living. ;) I don`t install Ravenheat`s either. ;)

Don`t do repairs, some of us work for a living. ;) I don`t install Ravenheat`s either. ;)

you said you fit em all the time but yet now you say you don't install them? So you don't do repairs (maybe you don't have the skills/knowledge reqd) that might be why you think Ravenheap are good.

you said you fit em all the time

I was winding you up.

but yet now you say you don't install them?

I was winding you up.

So you don't do repairs (maybe you don't have the skills/knowledge reqd)

What skills are they? do you mean ringing the manufacturers technical helpline & asking them? I can do that ;)

that might be why you think Ravenheap are good.

Get with the programme D*ickhead. I was winding you up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back