Which DIY Wireless Burglar Alarm???

M

monkeys

Hi, I really would like to install a burglar alarm to my 2 bedroom house and garage. Where money is an issue, I'd hoped a DIY wirefree job (Response/ Micromark/ Friedland....etc) was the best answer. Giving me protection and install, as well as neatness. Im struggling to find any advice on these systems. Are they tried and tested, reliable? What to do for the best? I appreciate you get what you pay for... this will be short term.....
PLEASE can someone give me the benefit of their experience?????

Sponsored Links
monkeys said:
Hi, I really would like to install a burglar alarm to my 2 bedroom house and garage. Where money is an issue, I'd hoped a DIY wirefree job (Response/ Micromark/ Friedland....etc) was the best answer. Giving me protection and install, as well as neatness. Im struggling to find any advice on these systems. Are they tried and tested, reliable? What to do for the best? I appreciate you get what you pay for... this will be short term.....
PLEASE can someone give me the benefit of their experience?????

To be completely honest they are all crap! Response/ Micromark/ Friedland As an engineer these are what we take out and throw away.

The only wireless kit we will install as a company is a Scantronic, but again these can prove to be problematic.

IMHO if you can fit a wired system, run all cable out of site under floorboards, dropping cables out of ceilings about an inch or so from the corner of each room into a ceiling mounted PIR.

Find a desent supplier, get yourself a panel like an Accenta G3, and a few PIR's, a bell box and a roll of 6 core cable and a battery, should be less than a £100, trust me in the long run you'll be a lot happier with it.

No batteries to change, less false alarms, and a lot more confidence in your alarm system, hardwired all the way.

i would go with a hard-wired alarm. harder to install, but easier to maintain.

i normally use texecom panels

andy said:

Sorry for the hi-jack
Veritas Andy?
What do you think of the excel range? I have installed a few R8 panels, is it a similar type of setup?

To the OP, please take the advice above, a wired alarm is better in the long run.

Sponsored Links
Spark123 said:
andy said:

Sorry for the hi-jack
Veritas Andy?
What do you think of the excel range? I have installed a few R8 panels, is it a similar type of setup?

To the OP, please take the advice above, a wired alarm is better in the long run.

always install veritas R8. havent worked with the excel range yet (dont do that much with alarms)

AFAIK, the excel range has EOL. the R8 doesnt

out of all the veritas alarms ive installed, ive never had any problems with them or faulty units

Have had a yale wirefree for 4 years. Absolutely no problems with it.

I've used a response wirefree alarm for more than 6 years with no problems.

Four zones, part arming for night time use, (they do various models) and as you add sheds and garages or extensions you just buy the extra sensors you need. (If you move house you just take all the bits with you.)

This is where I've got it all from. (Their Tech guys are really helpful is you have any questions as well.)

http://www.wireless-alarms.net/store/customer/home.php

I appreciate the negative sentiment over Response /Yale etc., but we have sold hundreds of Infinite Wireless Alarms systems over the last 2 years with no problem at all. It is probably one of the most successful products on our website and yes we do respond to all complaints so if there were any I'd know.

FWIW I think wireless alarms are like any other product. If they are considered well before hand, don't buy the cheapest you can find and the installation is carried out with care, then wireless can be as reliable as hard wired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back