Which Durable Paint - Armstead Durable Matt vs Dulux Diamond Matt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used Dulux Diamond Matt in my first rental property. Its worked out well. Tenants are just moving out after a year, and we were able to just clean all the dirt and scuff off the walls with very little effort. Dont think we will need to repaint for many years.

I had put Dulux Endurance in my own hallway, it was ok, but i don't think its lived up to the marketing hype. 2/3 years later and I think i may repaint soon. And my flat doesnt see so much traffic.

We have decided to use durable paints, figuring the additional cost of the paint is worth the savings reducing frequency of painting the property. (as painters fees are the biggest cost).

At Dulux Decorator Centre, they recommended we try
Armstead Durable Matt
Its made by Dulux, not as good as Diamond Matt, but they said its hard wearing, and its 2/3rs of the cost of Diamond Matt

5L - Diamond matt - £62 with coverage at 16m2
5L - Armstead Durable Matt - £39 with coverage at 14m2

Painters always seem to use more than the published coverage figures.
Im thinking I will try the Armstead in our new property

But
Like to hear any experience others may have had

Does Armstead Durable Matt
- last long?
- live up to the durable claims of being washable/scrubbable?
- Cover well?
- good opacity?
- How does it compare to other paints, especially diamond matt.

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Hi. They are the same paints. One is for consumers the other is for trade....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back