Which Earthing do i have?

Sponsored Links
Well - that's OK, but it's a bit inconvenient to have the entire installation on one RCD - the usual approach with TT installations is a split-load board, with a 30mA RCD protecting the socket circuits, but with the main incomer a 100mA time-delayed RCD, so that a fault on something associated with a socket doesn't take out the lights etc. There are more sophisticated ways of doing it, with multiple RCBOs, but that starts to get expensive, and the normal 100mA/30mA split board is regarded as satisfactory by most people.

Have you got any home improvements coming up which would require a new CU? How long have you lived there? When was the wiring last inspected?

Lived here about 16 months (had it 19m), the electrics were tested about a 14m ago as i extended the kitchen ring it tripped the very next day so called my friends dad who is a sparky. (turns out to be it was the drill i was using) and not my wiring So that was nice.

But he did mention that the Cu has a very sestive RCD and if it kept tripping he'll change it that was 14m ago and had heard a peep.

I want to change it in a few years as it's only got 7 points and 6 are in use, so it's not enough as i want garden electrics and that would have none free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back