Which electric chainsaw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have owned and used a few electric chainsaws in my time just for general garden use, they don't seem to be made that well and usually die the death after little use- can anyone recommend a well made electric chainsaw that might even last a while or at the very least be worth repairing?
Plastic blade tensioners seem to be the main problem. cheers

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply. :D

Have done a lot of looking it would appear that the Husqvarna company do the most reliable electric chainsaws have found a good deal. thanks

I bought a Makita after much research. Seems ok.

Sponsored Links
I brought a performance power chain saw.
Recently I got a tree surgeon in to cut down a row of conifers, the chap borrowed my Performance power chain saw, and declared it to be better than the petrol ones he normally uses.
Some of the trunks had grown to massive proportions two foot diameter being typical, the electric saw coped perfectly.

Wotan

apart from the flex/noise/fumes etc, the only difference between an electric and petrol saw is the motor - if an average petrol is 2kw output, then a manufacturer can replace a petrol engine with an electric motor easy enough, but lets not kid ourselves that anything out of b&q will have the life of something with say a makita or bosch badge on it.

you get what you pay for in this life.

you get what you pay for in this life.

I think more accurately you seldom get what you don't pay for.

But you very often don't get what you pay for even with big-name manufacturers.
</pedant with a Christmas hangover>

I've had two electric chainsaws. The first one was Castellgarden and had a number of problems. I eventually replaced it with a Flymo Woodshark, which I got for about £75 from B&Q. I've been very pleased with it. However I only really use it for sawing up logs, not major tree work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back