which electric sander ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am doing taping and filling on some plasterboards, however there is a lot to do, does anyone have an idea of the best electric sanders to use.
I do have a belt sander but I am finding this is of little use.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It depends what you want to spend. Mirka ceros are very good and used with extraction cut down on the dust by about 90%. Festool are also well rated and again can be used with extraction. Both are quite expensive but a good investment if you are in a trade where they will get plenty of use.
Cheap sanders from wicked etc are handy for one off largish jobs but dont last and create mess. I hate anything black and decker, bosch blue are much better than green and then there's your dewalts and makitas.
You could also use a pole sander on taped and filled joints but its messy

If you use a proper taping knife you won't need a sander.

Anyway you should be skimming over the lot.

Sponsored Links
The Festool Planex is the dog's but will set you back £1700 (including dust extractor)

http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-...der-lhs-225-and-ct-36-ac-set-110v-prod882843/

The following site has cheaper units from flex and Q-tec I do recall reading about the drive shafts on the Flex being prone to busting, not sure if this has been resolved yet

http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Q_-_Tech_.html

Alternatively a cheaper option might be to use a DA sander such as the Mirka Ceros suggested by DCDEC, it has the advantage of being lighter to use overhead than sanders such as the (excellent) Festool RO150.

You will still need to factor in the cost of a dust extractor, unfortunately the dust will clog/rip most bags. TBH I don't know how the unit supplied in the Planex kit deals with the dust

If you can't justify the cost of buying then you could hire a kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back