Which F Type Plugs Are Best

Sponsored Links
I've had all my stuff delivered and just been looking at the compression tool. Seems simple enough to use.

If I understand rightly, I want to strip about 6mm right through to the centre core, then a further 6mm of the outer sheath, and fold the outer shield back over the outer sheath?

Is it better to then cut off the copper foil back to where the outer sheath stops, or leave it on such that it will "guide" the inner part of the compression plug between it and the outer sheath?

Cut off the foil shield.

The plug has a collar that slides over the white dielectric and then slips between it and the shielding layers. The less that's in the way, the better. Shield integrity is maintained by the plug so long as it's fitted correctly.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button (not the like button, the Thanks button. The difference is important). It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. It costs you nothing. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back